It’s Chelsea’s birthday episode! The Rotoscopers finally review one of the Disney films that they’ve had on their bucket list since they started the show: Walt Disney’s Sleeping Beauty.
• Catch and fire with Chelsea!
• Nerdy Couch Discussion: Origins of the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale from the Sleeping Beauty art book.
• Main Discussion: Sleeping Beauty (1959)
• The making-of documentary from the end of the VHS tape.
• Discussion about the unique art style, backgrounds, and Eyvind Earle.
• The fairies are like midlevel Powerpuff Girls.
• The king’s choir is always ready to serenade.
• Big discussion on Maleficent, her design, her backstory and the 2014 film Maleficent.
• The goons are based on classical art.
• Why Prince Phillip is the best Disney prince ever (the girls agree!).
• The eternal debate: pink or blue?
• New Disney Theory: Is this film a predecessor to The Sword in the Stone?
• We rate it!
• Don’t forget to buy the Rotoscopers T-shirt!