Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » March 1st, 2009, 9:40 pm

I was in Michaels (craft store) and they had a tie in book, it was a reproduction of a Snow White book, done in the "linen" that it was originaly put out as. they had that one and a donald duck one.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 2nd, 2009, 7:52 am

Ooh, nice!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 2nd, 2009, 2:47 pm

Sounds very cool! I'll need to pay a visit to Micheals real soon. Thanks MrsTashlin.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 3rd, 2009, 2:38 pm

It's like a Art Of book? anyway the merchandise's logo with the bluebird and the ribbon is better.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » March 3rd, 2009, 8:47 pm

Most Welcome friends :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 14th, 2009, 11:50 am

Trailer :D looks great,can't wait :D.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 14th, 2009, 6:28 pm

Haha...funny that they use a pastiche of the music used in the teaser for Spirit, originally written for the feel good sports movie "Rudy" by Jerry Goldsmith.

"More entertaining?" What?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 15th, 2009, 2:27 pm

The power of HD holds no boundaries! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 15th, 2009, 3:32 pm

Spirit? you mean the DreamWorks movie,right? and for the "More entertaining" part,I guess it's for the Dwarfs scenes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » March 21st, 2009, 12:19 pm

she looks good. it is gonna be a long wait till October again!...unless they bump the release up...but right before christmas is good..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 21st, 2009, 1:24 pm

Am I wrong, or do we now hear a lot more of Snow's Castellotti-Boop voice featured in quote-bites, which they generally tended to avoid featuring in past modern-era ads?

(Nice that classic-mentality has made us all a little more tolerant over the years. :) )

GeorgeC

Snow White Blu-Ray released 2 months ahead of DVD set

Post by GeorgeC » April 3rd, 2009, 11:25 pm

http://news.toonzone.net/articles/29288 ... re-new-dvd

The Snow White Blu-Ray set is being released almost two months before the regular 2-disc set...

This is the first time I've seen this happen and could be looked on as a change in Disney strategy. We'll see how this gets reflected in the sales.

Excerpted from ToonZone:

"The Blu-ray edition of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs will be released on October 6, 2009, with the Deluxe 2-Disc Classic standard definition DVD coming out on November 24.

"The Blu-ray release will consist of two Blu-ray discs and one DVD, and will carry a suggested retail price of $39.99. The full press release follows..."

This will be the second release of Snow White on DVD.

I'm hoping Disney addresses the complaints fans had about the lack of grain on the original DVD. Overcleaning the image made the film look almost like a direct-to-video film!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 4th, 2009, 2:01 pm

I'm expecting Snow White - was also reported the seven week difference in BD and DVD release - to look like Pinocchio...hence no grain and a super solid image that makes the 1937 frames look amazing but sucks all the life from them.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » April 4th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Ah man,

Not again!

I'm going to have dig out the old LD set and do something with it!

This is ridiculous...! I want films to LOOK like film, NOT video!

I understand if it's super-grainy and they have to do something with that but don't remove all of it, Disney!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 15th, 2009, 2:25 pm

From UD:
In less depressing news, Disney plans to offer three premium editions of Snow White, each centering on the Blu-ray/DVD combo. Details are sparse thus far, but you'll be able to get Walt's first animated feature in a 7 Dwarf Plush Pack ($79.99 SRP), with book packaging ($59.99 SRP),
or in a Limited Edition Box Set ($249.99) housing at least a book, pins, lithographs, and some fancy packaging. Though the premium sets are not yet up for preorder, we've added a tentative packaging shot to our Upcoming DVD Cover Art page.
Here's the pic:

OMG...!!

The pictures look so lovely, but yikes at the prices. I hope, hope the $250 version is like an all in one package, because really, I can't choose between the other two. Frankly at that price I would think it's a given. Love book packaging and seeing as I never got the UK box set - because finding it is incredibly hard, much less affordable - this would do nicely as a replacement, and the plush set, you guys know how much of nut I am for those... hope they're cute.

It's about time R1 receives something this nice, (again) after other countries have been getting fancy box sets for years. Yes, quite expensive, but for Snowy - my favorite Walt era film - it's worth it! Can't wait to hear more details.

On a side note, the new Blu cover is atrocious! Ugly and why have the Witch in the center!? Unless it's lenticular, but even still, tacky... hope they change it again.