Tinker Bell

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 28th, 2007, 2:13 am

Major details on what happened with the Tink films, etc....

:shock: Wow. Just wow. Many mixed feelings about this.....but I agree with Lassetter's reaction to the original film. (mostly)

(BTW, I'm not sure but I think the title of this article "The Return of the Dark Fairy" is a possible loosly-based reference to the "Dark Fairy" villain character in "The Emperor's New Greed" original story/protest letter by Dave Pruiksma, which can be read on his blog. Basically, "The Dark Fairy" was a thinly veiled psudonym for Tom Schumacker.)

http://www.o-meon.com/pages/news&featur ... -27-07.htm
Last edited by ShyViolet on February 28th, 2007, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 28th, 2007, 2:20 am

Also, read this article first if possible--even more shocking! :shock:

http://www.o-meon.com/pages/news&featur ... -22-07.htm

:roll: :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 28th, 2007, 2:33 am

Thanks for the links, Vi! The stories have already been covered on AN's front page ("Two Tinks?", "Tinkering Bell"). Still, thanks for the update. Those are great articles. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 28th, 2007, 2:53 am

Oops, didn't see those! :wink: :oops:

No prob Josh, just trying to help out! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 28th, 2007, 3:30 am

Which we really do appreciate! The forum wouldn't be the same without you, Vi! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 28th, 2007, 12:39 pm

Hey! Deja vu!

Those are both interesting reads...keep 'em coming Vi (but check our front page first!!)

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 24th, 2007, 10:06 pm

Tiny blurb on Tinker bell from TAG!! :P
And DisneyToons (the Mouse House's home screen feature arm) is busy with its new Tinker Bell story line. A draft of the newer tale is finished and fresh boards are being drawn as I write.

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... about.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 10th, 2007, 8:57 pm

Some interesting Tink news, apparently it has Lassetter's approval:

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... 0784185039
Upstairs at Disney Toons, they've done their third pass of the Tinkerbell feature, and John Lasseter is allegedly happy with the way it's shaping up. As a couple of artists said:

"We're moving fast on the project, and they've already shipped big chunks of it overseas for production, but John seems to be into it..."

The first of the three sequels beyond Tink The Movie is already into its second pass and racing right along. The initial feature is, I believe, due to hit a Wal-Mart or video outlet near you the last quarter of 2008. The next three will no doubt be released in the years thereafter.

Off topic, I like what this one person says in the comments: :wink:

Any news about upcoming Disney Features such as Bolt, Princess n the Frog and most of all Rapunzel?
That's weird to not "hear" anything about Bolt knowing it must be released in nearly one year...

Yeah....it is weird, isn't it? :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 11th, 2007, 2:55 am

No much weirder than the last time you brought it up, Vi. ;)

Good news about Tink. With the rumored release date, that means only one more year! It seems so far from now. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 11th, 2007, 8:20 am

Wow, fast turnaround.

Late 2008 means it's been going on for a while. I should imagine that they're keeping more of what was done before than has been suspected.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 11th, 2007, 12:00 pm

DCP said it's coming fall 2008.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 12th, 2007, 12:22 am

Late 2008 means it's been going on for a while. I should imagine that they're keeping more of what was done before than has been suspected.
Yeah, I guess Lassetter likes it now. I wonder what the story is like, and what kind of changes they made? If it does well would he change his mind about more DTV features based off of feature films?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 13th, 2007, 4:46 am

Your second question sounds like something I would ask. Jawker. ;)

If Tink does good, (hey, it could do bad) who would you like to see get a movie? I'm curious, because only a few come to mind, like Marie from The Aristocat's.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 13th, 2007, 8:49 am

Or even The Aristocats.

Or better still...The AristoCats...

Sorry, I'm in a really pedantic mood today! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 13th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Daniel wrote:If Tink does good, (hey, it could do bad) who would you like to see get a movie? I'm curious, because only a few come to mind, like Marie from The Aristocat's.
Do you mean any Disney character to get his/her own movie? If so, then my choice is Genie. :)