Tinker Bell

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 13th, 2007, 3:20 pm

Yeah, pretty much. Good choice, Josh, I wouldn't mind a Genie flick! 2d or 3d, though? ;)

Ben, I can't believe I forgot that. Way to expose me. :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 22nd, 2007, 5:23 am

Daniel wrote:If Tink does good, (hey, it could do bad) who would you like to see get a movie? I'm curious, because only a few come to mind, like Marie from The Aristocat's.
Yeah,i think so too,becouse she has a franchise like TinkerBell.
Genie won't get a movie unless they'll make a Disney Genies franchise (well,i don't they'll make it since Jasmine is allready in the princess franchise),maybe they'll make a Disney Muses franchise.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 28th, 2007, 9:46 pm

Ultimate Disney wrote:Disney has already mapped out a heavy marketing campaign for the two big direct-to-video animated films that the studio will debut in 2008. Tinker Bell, which seems to be going without a subtitle again, will bow on DVD and Blu-ray on October 28th with a Guide to Pixie Hollow (on Blu-ray, this will employ BD Live technology), a making-of featurette, a NaturePedia piece, a set-top game, and more to be announced.
Better! And good release date, before Halloween. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 22nd, 2007, 11:56 am

Wikipedia now mentions a sequel to Tinker Bell, subtitled North of NeverLand. The information could be - and probably is - incorrect. Nonetheless, I thought I'd let you guys know anyway.

Also, has anyone else noticed that both Wikipedia and IMDB have it recorded that Mae Whitman, not Brittany Murphy, will provide the voice of Tinker Bell?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 23rd, 2007, 3:34 am

Hmm, that is weired, but am hoping its true. Brittany is good, but I just cannot picture her as Tink. Mae on the other hand, I've heard and if it turns out to be true, I'm a bit more exited. :)

With Tinks' sequel name, (ooh, it feels like old times!) not bad. I like it. Thank you very much for the update Josh, I appreciate it!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 24th, 2007, 12:33 pm

You're welcome, Daniel! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New Tinkerbell Movie THREAD

Post by JustinWilliams » January 13th, 2008, 5:30 pm

The new 'Tinkerbell' trailer that I saw today is much more promising! The animation looks more lucid than before and the delay seems to have helped the production. It looks quite magical! Winter 2008? Well it's 28th of October according to my pre-order :) Actors include Kristin Chenoweth ; Mae Whitman ; Pamela Adlon ; Anjelica Huston ; Jesse McCartney ; Kathy Najimy ; Jane Horrocks ; Rob Paulsen ; Steve Valentine ; Jeff Bennett ; Richard Portnow ; America Young ; Gail Borges. Seems it will be out on BluRay too....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 13th, 2008, 7:51 pm

Thanks, Justin! :)

Wow, nice enough. I agree, the animation has improved a great deal, doesn't look as stiff as the earlier trailers. Can't believe it's finally coming out in the fall, though. Yay!

Oddly enough, Brittany Murphy isn't on actors list... which is a good sign! I like her and love her voice work, but she's no Tink. I just don't believe she could've changed her voice much, it's to distinctive.

Anywho, here are couple of old threads where we've discussed the Tink movie: (in the order they were created.)

Disney To Make PETER PAN Prequel

First Glimpse of Tink's Movie through the Disney's Fairies?

Rumor mill: Tinker Bell cast?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 14th, 2008, 7:56 am

Thanks Dan...since all those threads were pretty short (and chronological) I combined them all since we're likely to speak more about Tink's new movie in the run up to release.

Does she even speak in this? Nothing has alluded to that...yet, and it would be interesting if a Lasseter directive was "she never utters a word" as per the book, play and 1953 Disney film.

Of course, Tink did speak in 1992's Hook, but that wasn't in the Barrie or Disney universes, so they could play...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 14th, 2008, 4:03 pm

Well, not really. Since Sharon was taken off the project, we haven't heard anything more on the subject of whether or not Tink will talk.

From the way I see it, Tink will still probably talk. For one thing, the orginal story had it that Tink can talk, but only to other fairies. -- The fairies are still in it, so perhaps that was kept as is. Second, the fact that Mae Whitman is in the actors credits adds up with what Josh posted earlier:
Josh wrote:Also, has anyone else noticed that both Wikipedia and IMDB have it recorded that Mae Whitman, not Brittany Murphy, will provide the voice of Tinker Bell?
Guess we'll have to wait and see.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 14th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Ahhh...I like that fairies can only talk to fairies. That's neat.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 14th, 2008, 7:07 pm

I enjoyed the new Tinker Bell trailer. I never thought a direct-to-video Fairies movie would be among the films I'm most anticipating. But the truth is that I really am very eager to see how this movie turns out, considering the history of its making.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 25th, 2008, 9:31 am

This trailer was on the Peter Pan PE.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 25th, 2008, 10:38 am

I don't think it was. There were two trailers on Peter Pan, but this one seems all new to me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 25th, 2008, 10:40 am

Ben wrote:I don't think it was. There were two trailers on Peter Pan, but this one seems all new to me.
The other one in the Peter Pan PE had one with other fairies from Disney? (like Flora,Founa and Merriweather) it was also in the Enchanted Tales DVD? (but you reviewed so i think you know it).