Mark Dindal to direct live-action Sherlock's Secretary

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Team
AV Team

Mark Dindal to direct live-action Sherlock's Secretary

Post by Josh » August 11th, 2006, 7:06 am

If you're a fan of Mark Dindal's work (Cats Don't Dance, The Emperor's New Groove, Chicken Little), then you may have been wondering what the director's next project would be after leaving Walt Disney Feature Animation. As it turns out, The Hollywood Reporter, through Coming Soon, reports that Dindal's next project will be the live-action Sherlock's Secretary.

The movie's plot is...
...based on the little-known fact that real letters are being sent to the fictitious home of Sherlock Holmes, the world's most famous detective and one of the 19th century's great literary creations.

Holmes famously resided at 221b Baker St., and the address -- now the Sherlock Holmes Museum -- has been receiving letters from people seeking Holmes' help in solving real crimes. The film will center on the person living at that address, whose world is turned upside down when he gets one of these letters and decides to take on a case.
Sounds like it could be a fun flick! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 11th, 2006, 9:14 am

Nice concept.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » August 11th, 2006, 12:45 pm

I love Mark. I hope this is a big success for him.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 12th, 2006, 12:48 pm

I don't know when this comes out, but you can bet I'll be there to see it (opening weekend if possible).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 28th, 2007, 4:40 am

Here's another unique project Dindal is set to direct: "Kringle Optioned for the Big Screen"
Coming Soon wrote:The live-action epic will feature warriors, battles and fairies as it explores the origin of the Kris Kringle myth and how Christmas came to be.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 1st, 2007, 9:57 am

The idea (origins of Santa) has been done to death, but with Dindal on board it ought to be unique enough to stand out from the pack. Sounds good.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 5th, 2007, 1:13 am

Are these all still on?

I wish Mark lots of success, :), but I kinda hope he gets back into animation someday too......:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!