The Rotoscopers continue with their Mice & Rats podcast series by reviewing one of Pixar’s most critically acclaimed films: Ratatouille.
• Main Discussion: Ratatouille (2007)
• First thoughts and recollections of the film.
• Chelsea can’t get over the fact that the main character’s a rat. Morgan and Mason love it.
• Morgan’s experience searching for ratatouille, then being terribly disappointed with its taste.
• Our love for Anton Ego: the antagonist who has a change of heart at the end.
• The pre-Monsters University lighting/rendering really shows.
• Animation tropes: “This is me” narration opening and firearms not running out of ammo until you need it.
• Anton Ego’s transformation and final monologue.
• Crappy knock off time! Ratatoing!
• Mail bag
• Don’t forget to use the hashtags #AnimAddicts and #AnimAddicts81 when talking about this episode on Twitter!