The Rotoscopers review Studio Ghibli’s epic film Princess Mononoke with special guest host, Rotowriter Mayra Amaya.
• Main Discussion: Princess Mononoke
• First thoughts and recollections about this movie; reactions to the violence!
• Interesting insights from Miyazaki about the the film from his biographies.
• Disney drama with the release and censoring the film.
• The most impactful moment in the film: San with the blood.
• Miyazaki is a master of composition; the forest-spirit scene.
• This is the second longest animated film ever and it feels like it.
• Major themes in the film: curses, humans vs. nature, hatred.
• The ending is a bit rushed and hard to swallow.
• We rate it!
• Voicemails: Jemma, Dylan, Frank, Eric, Hank Hill, Yuri
• Mail bag: Jemma, Susanne, Chris
• Don’t forget to use the hashtags #AnimAddicts and #GoAway when talking about this episode on Twitter!