Learn more about The Rotoscopers!
Morgan, Mason and Chelsea have a rotospective at Ralph Bakshi’s 1978 The Lord of the Rings.
• Nerdy Couch Discussion: Disney Horses!
• Why are horses so sassy? Which are our favorites?
• Non-canonical horses from Enchanted Stables.
• Main Discussion: Lord of the Rings (1978).
• A little backstory and bio of Ralph Bakshi.
• Ralph Bakshi and Don Bluth are some of the only animation directors whose films are seen as their films, instead of the studios.
• Bakshi’s own thoughts on the film.
• Character design and extreme use of rotoscoping. What is the true definition of rotoscoping?
• It’s hard to talk about this film without referencing Peter Jackson’s The Lord of The Rings *cue music*.
• How to tell someone in the Living Scriptures animated videos are evil…the schnoz!
• Is one of the ringwraiths wearing a cowboy hat?!
• It starts losing steam after Moria. The Two Towers sequence is muddy and doesn’t hold our attention.
• “The orcs are vanquished. Saruman is defeated and we saved Middle Early! Roll credits.”
• Would you want to see Bakshi finish and do The Return of the King?
• We rate it!
• Mail bag and bloopers!
• Use the hashtags #AnimAddicts and #SoManyMiniskirts.
• Coming Up: Dog movies! Balto, Up, All Dog’s Go To Heaven