It’s the big 5-0 for the Rotoscopers and to celebrate, they’re reviewing the animated film that started it all, Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
• Reminiscing over the past 50 episodes: no band break ups, fights or scandals!
• Submit your voicemails, emails and voicemails for the 2013 best-of show.
• Vote for the Animation Addicts Podcast in the Podcast Awards!
• Nerdy Couch Discussion Lecture: The History of Snow White, based on the two art/history books by J .B. Kaufman Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and The Fairest One of All.
• Main Discussion: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
• Animation using live-action reference, first time with realistic convincing humans; character animation; backgrounds; camera work;
• Introduction of the storybook opening, minimal characters, simplified story, exquisite taste in throwns, kickstarter to get Chelsea a throne,
• Prequel possibilities: slave in the mirror’s backstory.
• Enter the prince and his horse, Astor (from the Enchanted Stables books), Prince Buckethead, prince’s disappearance.
• Death by dancing, scary forest, lots of songs.
• Dwarf mine cart ride in New Fantasyland.
• Rejected dwarf names: Deafy, Dizzy, Cranky.
• Queen’s dungeon, transformation and recipe for sleeping death.
• Chelsea’s lesson on yodeling.
• Conundrum: Queen’s transformation permanent?
• Creepy Prince kiss, golden casket.
• Snow White’s legacy and popularity today
• Mailbag & bloopers!