Follow the ‘More’ link to see DVD box art and extensive details on the special features for Filmation’s She-Ra: Princess of Power® DVD due out on July 18. Fans will be able to vote on their five favorite episodes to be included on a “Best Of” Collector’s Edition.
SHE-RA: PRINCESS OF POWER® MAKES DVD DEBUT THIS SUMMER
BCI To Release All 93 Episodes of Classic Animated Series
Two Disc, Five-Episode “Best Of” Collector’s Edition To Be
Based On Fan Voting, Available July 18th and Premiering at
San Diego COMICON
Los Angeles, CA – Following the tremendous success this past year of the DVD distribution of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe®, BCI, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation, entered into a long-term distribution agreement with Entertainment Rights Plc (“ER”) for certain titles within its Filmation portfolio of classic contemporary characters. The first release in this new agreement will be the popular girl brand She-Ra: Princess of Power®. A two-disc “Best Of” collection, featuring the top five titles that will be voted on by fans, as well as the 1985 feature film “The Secret of the Sword,” will be available July 18th, and premiering at San Diego COMICON. The releases will continue over the next 12 months, as BCI releases three additional volumes of the She-Ra series, covering all 93 original episodes.
“The fan reaction to the He-Man series over the past nine months has been nothing short of extraordinary,” said Glass. “They have consistently conveyed two defining messages: ‘your He-Man releases are top-notch’ and ‘when will you be releasing She-Ra?'”
In addition to the feature film “The Secret of the Sword,” “The Best of She-Ra: Princess of Power” will feature the five best episodes of the series, as voted on by fans that visited www.he-man.org, and will include:
• Ep #56 – Of Shadows and Skulls
• Ep #85 – Sweet Bee’s Home
• Ep #18 – Horde Prime Takes a Holiday
• Ep #21 – The Stone in the Sword
• Ep #29 – The Price of Freedom
Special features will include:
• A brand new documentary featurette with a variety of talent involved in the making of the original animated series, including the creators, producers, writers, voice over actors, animators and others working behind the scenes
• Feature length audio commentary with Lou Scheimer, Larry DiTillio, Gwen Wetzler and Alan Oppenheimer
• “I Have the Power” music video featurette with new storyboard comparison and new sheet music sing-a-long
• Two exclusive collectible art cards by popular award-winning comic book artists
• Triva/Fun facts
• DVD-ROM – scripts for all 5 episodes
• Easter Eggs
• Spanish Language Audio Track
Beginning in the fall, BCI will start releasing the complete, 93 episode series in three separate volumes, each containing a variety of extras.
Working alongside ER, BCI will implement an innovative marketing and promotional campaign throughout 2006, capitalizing on the popularity of the She-Ra brand. This program follows the successful promotion and marketing of He-Man, which has been released on DVD as well as Universal Media Disc (“UMD”) for Sony “PSP.” BCI will be expanding the reach of She-Ra beyond that of He-Man by tapping into its large female fan base.
BCI has once again retained the services of two prominent consultants, best-selling author Andy Mangels and MVCreations’ Val Staples and his team, who were highly instrumental in the production of the He-Man DVD, specifically the added collectible features.
She-Ra: Princess of Power® first aired on television in 1985, as a female-directed spin-off of the popular He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, which was into its second season.