With the Oscars just over a week away and voting about to end, nominees (and their representation!) are working hard to put themselves and their work in the public eye. In fact, all the films nominated for Best Visual Effects have been profiled in the media recently.
• Cinema Blend talked to executive producer Victoria Alonso and ILM visual effects supervisor Jeff White who worked on The Avengers.
• Visual effects supervisor Bill Westenhofer spoke with the L.A. Times and special effects coordinator Donald R. Elliott with Variety on their work with Life of Pi.
• Prometheus visual effects supervisor Richard Stammers interviewed with Studio Daily.
• Philip Brennan, visual effects supervisor for Snow White and the Huntsman, met with the Edinburgh Evening News.
• Visual effects supervisors Joe Letteri and Eric Saindon spoke with Entertainment Weekly and Flickering Myth about their work on The Hobbit. In addition, Weta has posted a video about the visual effects of The Hobbit on their YouTube channel called Fantastical Creatures & Lands of Epic Beauty & Darkness, which you can watch here: