Mason and Chelsea join the Rotoscopers new writer, Alex Parker, as they discuss Disney’s CGI animated film Meet the Robinsons.
• Chelsea tweets Robert Lopez and Mason meets Don Bluth.
• CATCH AND FIRE WITH GRR ALEX!
• Nerdy Couch Discussion: “You can do anything you want” theme in animated films. (*Note some spoilers to other movies).
• Main Discussion: Meet the Robinsons.
• The stats, Disney’s 47th animated feature, John Lasseter’s influence.
• What is “Real D” vs 3D? More stats, commentary on the visuals, and music.
• Where did the term “Easter Eggs” come from?
• Based on a book called A Day with Wilber Robinson by William Joyce.
• Insta-buildings, bubble tavel, and segways.
• Things Mason doesn’t get, Chelsea gets cynical, Tom Selleck.
• “You lied to me?!” Most overused line in kids’ movies.
• Lewis chills under a ginormous teapot shaped shrub.
• Bowler Hat Guy’s ending and the “Disney point”.
• Keep Moving Forward!, what we’ve learned in our own lives, Chelsea should be a motivational speaker.
• Twitter questions, cameo by Morgan, and listener voicemail.
• We rate the film: 4 Stars!
• Bloopers: Forgot the title and our special ghost host; kivin’ that dorm life, Aggie invasion; Rock-a-Doodle and Titan A.E; ”Give her the Thunder Tube, Chelsea!”; Looking forward to Halloween; Saving Mr Banks commentary; what songs should Chelsea put in the podcast?