Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 23rd, 2006, 9:47 pm

Well, this movie will be interesting either way.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 30th, 2006, 3:20 am

Regarding today's Enchanted news (http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00004481.html), does anyone else think it would be interesting if Menken/Slater composed the film's animated world, while Menken/Schwartz composed its live-action aspect?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 30th, 2006, 6:01 am

Once it becomes live-action, I didn't think it was a musical anymore?

I thought Menken was only writing around three songs tops for this?

Would be great if Lasseter and co realized the error of doing this in CG and re-tooled it for traditional. But then...Lasseter is a CG guy through and through...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » January 30th, 2006, 10:48 pm

Ben wrote:Once it becomes live-action, I didn't think it was a musical anymore?

I thought Menken was only writing around three songs tops for this?

Would be great if Lasseter and co realized the error of doing this in CG and re-tooled it for traditional. But then...Lasseter is a CG guy through and through...
Do they have anywhere to DO it traditionally???
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 31st, 2006, 2:52 pm

They haven't closed Sydney yet.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Aegis » February 4th, 2006, 8:35 am

i have something from waaaaaaaay past.

DFA Paris used to work on Enchanted. they were doing that and they're own production Ratatouille. Can anyone confirm this?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » February 4th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Ratatouille is Pixar - They just extended their distribution contract with Disney so they could work on it between the release of Cars and the final purchase of the company in the Summer - or in case the deal falls through all together.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » February 20th, 2006, 1:06 pm

I'm not sure how reliable this article/interview is, but according to Stephen Schwartz, the animated parts of Enchanted are 2-d... VERY confusing..

http://www.musicalschwartz.com/disney-m ... hanted.htm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 20th, 2006, 1:21 pm

I hope that's true!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 21st, 2006, 7:36 am

I-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g...

Maybe the 2D (gawd I hate that expression) look is being toon-shaded from 3D models?

I think traditional os the way to go here, obviously, and hope that the parties involved push for that format, especially the hand drawn trained Lima.

Good news that it is going to be a good old fashioned musical as well - yes I think the Slater-as-lyricist rumors were from when the film had one "animated world" song at the beginning that got interrupted. This way it seems the characters will still "act" in an animated way even in real world Noo Yoik.

Sounds like there's going to be a pastiche "I want" number as well, reading between the lines...

July 2007? Cool! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 21st, 2006, 9:47 am

I can't wait for 2007. All the movies I REALLY wanna see come out then.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by David » February 21st, 2006, 1:34 pm

I really excited to see that "2D" (I hate that expression too) is making a come back, although has been mentioned it could be be being done on a computer to look like hand drawn animation. After all I can't think which arm of Disney's traditional animators would be doing it, it seems as though Toon Studios is just making those few remaining sequels and then getting the shove, unless of course the animation is being outsourced?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 22nd, 2006, 1:25 pm

This is REALLY interesting.

(Yeah, I know Jim isn't always right, but you should defintetly read this! :wink: )

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1860
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 22nd, 2006, 5:40 pm

Okay, pretty much what I expected, to be honest.

And I think a decent traditonally animated film every three years would be great - kinda like what used to happen with Disney films when they really were an "event" that the family would go out and see.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 22nd, 2006, 10:08 pm

Hmm...This news'll get a positive reaction from animation fans. I can already hear them going, "OMG OMG OMG!!!".