In episode 109 of the Animation Addicts Podcast, the Rotoscopers review Pixar’s second feature to be released in 2015, The Good Dinosaur.
- Nerdy Couch Discussion: Why is Pixar held to a higher standard by critics and viewers?
- Main Discussion: The Good Dinosaur (2015)
- Mini discussion about our thoughts on the new short Sanjay’s Super Team.
- Better titles for The Good Dinosaur brought to you by Mason Smith!
- The film’s troubled production history. To understand the film, you need to understand this.
- Real talk: photo-realistic backgrounds. Did they work?
- Animation: wow, they nailed it!
- Characters: small cast, but lots of favorites!
- Best parts of the film in our opinion: T-Rexes, Arlo and Spot’s relationship.
- The story is good, but not necessarily totally original.
- The rotten fruit sequence. Some people think it makes it seem like doing drugs was fun. Agree or disagree?
- Would it have been better for Spot to be domesticated or to run free with his kind? Is there some sort of anti-domestication message going on here?
- Don’t forget to use the hashtags #AnimAddicts and #AnimAddicts109 when talking about this episode on Twitter