It’s the annual Halloween episode of the Animation Addicts podcast and, even though we’re not reviewing a spooky film, the Rotoscopers still got dressed up in their costumes to review Disney’s 2002 animated film Lilo & Stitch.
- Main Discussion: Lilo & Stitch (2002)
- It’s a special Halloween episode, during which the Rotoscopers dressed up in costumes. Mason’s No Face costume FTW!
- General facts about the film. The year 2002 wasn’t that great of a year for animation, was it? (Except for a few exceptions.)
- Stitch mania was everywhere! Stitch is incredibly popular in Japan.
- The film’s marketing and Stitch-takeover trailers.
- Character designs are so appealing, yet much different from typical Disney animated films.
- Lilo and Nani are the breakout characters!
- Favorite moments, quotes and scenes. “Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw.”
- Film explores the themes of loneliness, broken homes, adoption, and more.
- The music. Not your traditional Disney musical. A few Hawaiian-esque songs plus Elvis Presley.
- Listener question: Who is your favorite character in Lilo & Stitch and why?
- We rate it!
- Don’t forget to use the hashtags #AnimAddicts and #AnimAddicts106 when talking about this episode on Twitter!