Animation Addicts Podcast #76: Sleeping Beauty – Make It Pink! Make It Blue!
Learn more about The Rotoscopers!
It’s Chelsea’s birthday episode! The Rotoscopers finally review one of the Disney films that they’ve had on their bucket list since they started the show: Walt Disney’s Sleeping Beauty.
• Catch and fire with Chelsea!
• Nerdy Couch Discussion: Origins of the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale from the Sleeping Beauty art book.
• Main Discussion: Sleeping Beauty (1959)
• The making-of documentary from the end of the VHS tape.
• Discussion about the unique art style, backgrounds, and Eyvind Earle.
• The fairies are like midlevel Powerpuff Girls.
• The king’s choir is always ready to serenade.
• Big discussion on Maleficent, her design, her backstory and the 2014 film Maleficent.
• The goons are based on classical art.
• Why Prince Phillip is the best Disney prince ever (the girls agree!).
• The eternal debate: pink or blue?
• New Disney Theory: Is this film a predecessor to The Sword in the Stone?
• We rate it!
• Don’t forget to buy the Rotoscopers T-shirt!