Learn more about The Rotoscopers!
Morgan and Mason are joined by Rotoscopers writer Blake Taylor, as they discuss Blake’s favorite film Mary Poppins, as well as the upcoming Saving Mr. Banks.
• Breaking tradition and doing our first live-action film!
• Announcements: Podcast Awards results will be announced in January; 1st Annual Rotoscopers Awards. Voting starts December 1.
• Main Discussion: Mary Poppins
• A very LONG movie for kids…it never ends!
• Story of acquiring the rights and P.L. Traver’s negative reaction to the film.
• Is Mary Poppins a witch or fairy? Do Mary Poppins and Nanny McFee belong to the same nanny organization?
• Mary Poppins: Julie Andrews casting story, Oscar acceptance speech, very serious yet likable,
• Prequel possibilities: musical or no musical?, Mary and Bert’s backstory, will we see her on Once a Upon A Time?
• Bert: both narrator and characters, Dick Van Dyke, jack of all trades, his poor accent.
• Was there a romance between Mary and Bert?
• The Kids: little monsters, list of conditional love for their nanny.
• Mr. Banks: so extreme and over the top.
• Mrs. Banks: suffragette, absurd, never any scene where Mary Poppins and she speak.
• Originally had 37 songs written.
• Opening credits sequence, nannies blowing away, Admiral Boom is the worst neighbor ever.
• Spoonful of Sugar: how do the kids have magic?
• Jolly Holiday: penguins, farm animals, “there’ll be no bill”.
• Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious: real meaning of the word, does Julie Andrews mess up?, syllabic inversion.
• Uncle Albert and I Love to Laugh, Mary Poppins doesn’t even crack a smile.
• Mary Poppins Broadway. Not on tour anymore.
• Morgan’s Make-A-Wish wish is to play a Mary Poppins medley in orchestra.
• Mary Poppins is an assassin.
• Blake and Mary Poppins’ layers.
• Saving Mr. Banks: excited?, Oscar worthy?, Tom Hanks interpretation.
• Voicemails and emails.
• Mason meets Blake, caught and fired, gnawing at the bit.