Join Mason as he interviews Kevin Schreck, the director of Persistence of Vision, a documentary of the story behind the animated film by Richard Williams, The Thief and the Cobbler.
• Kevin’s interest in stop motion.
• Catch and Fire: Jafar and Iago were college roommates.
• Where did you get the name? What was the process of making this documentary?
• Who was the most fascinating to interview? The Fan Letter. Shout out to Canadian animators.
• Animation archeology.
• Sean Connery…why?
• The timeline of the documentary.
• What is the more important story: The Thief or Richard Williams?
• What were Richard’s best qualities as a producer?
• How did his studio affect the world of animation? “A very special place.”
• Life lessons learned.
• “The Supper Secret Project!” -Will show soldiers in a field.
• How Kevin got an internship at DreamWorks. “Unpaid” plug.